Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
New Resources and Creative Strategies for Recruiting Candidates for Health Departments
Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 12:00 PM until 1:00 PM
Outside Organization Events
Join the Region 2 Public Health Training Center for their June 2022 Log-in2Learn live webinar. Participants will learn new, creative, practical, and evidence-based strategies for recruiting candidates. There will be a focus, throughout, on diversity, equity and inclusion in recruitment. By learning about tools, as well as benchmarking with the best recruitment strategies of organizations competing to hire candidates, participants will leave with a concrete plan of action for recruiting top talent to their agency.
After the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the industry/sector and occupational competition for key roles in public health
- Identify at least three strategies and tactics your agency can use to attract new hires
- Assess feasibility of recruitment strategies for your own agency/organization
- Public Health Needs People With Diverse Skills and Backgrounds—Here Are 9 Careers https://www.themuse.com/advice/public-health-careers-jobs-list
- Tell Them Why It’s Awesome: Public Health Recruitment Practices https://publichealthworkforcedevelopment.org/nc-progress/public-health-recruitment-practices/
- Generation public health: top 8 tips for government health departments to hire new grads https://jphmpdirect.com/2021/06/08/generation-public-health/
Register at https://columbiauniversity.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_8d2NmZ63TI-1xtGD4u_irg before June 7th to participate.