The New Jersey Association of County and City Health Officials invites members to advertise openings on this site for Health Officer and other county and municipal public health positions. Qualified candidates can submit resumes via email to the individual designated in each posted job ad.
Many of the NJACCHO’s member health departments offer internships for qualified college students and/or recent graduates in related fields. Applications are welcomed for special projects and degree requirements. Please contact your local health department for more information.
Ringwood Borough – Full Time Health Officer
- Full Time
- Valid Health Officer License issued by the New Jersey Department of Health.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Applicant must possess excellent writing and communication skills.
- Responsibilities include:
- Review of design and installation of septic systems
- Performing septic and sanitary inspections
- Environmental health work involving the enforcement of relevant sanitary, environmental and public health laws and rules within the Borough
- Educational outreach activities
- Performing other related duties as required and/or necessary. Salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits.
For full job description, please click here.
Scott Heck, Borough Manager, 60 Margaret King Avenue, Ringwood, NJ 07456 or
E-mail to email@example.com. The subject of the e-mail should read Full-Time Health Officer-Health Department.
Mount Olive Health Department – Full Time Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS)
- Full Time
- Conduct inspections, field work, and educational outreach pursuant to state and local codes, and other
related tasks as required.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Hold both a valid N.J. R.E.H.S. and N.J. Drivers license.
- Applicant must possess excellent writing and communication skills and will be required to learn to utilize various information systems used by this office.
Submit application by May 18, 2018, to:
Trevor Weigle, Health Director
Township of Mount Olive Health Department
PO Box 450
Budd Lake, NJ 07828
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Garden State Environmental, Inc, Environmental Specialist Internship
Garden State Environmental, Inc. (GSE) is an environmental, health and safety (EHS) consulting firm, in business since 1985. We have an immediate opening for an Environmental Specialist Intern. This entry-level part-time position offers an exciting opportunity to learn about the EHS field and to obtain practical hands-on experience. Work involves conducting field investigations including testing and collecting environmental samples to evaluate indoor air quality, water intrusion, mold, asbestos and related environmental health issues.
This position will start as a paid Internship with an initial average of 25 hours per week expected. GSE will provide intensive training through working directly with, and being mentored by seasoned EHS and Industrial Hygiene professionals. GSE will also pay for additional continuing education classes to supplement GSE training that may result in the Intern obtaining certain professional certifications or licenses. If the Internship is successful, this position may lead to full time employment.
The position requires routine travel to our client locations throughout NJ, metro NY and eastern PA. Some overnight travel and weekend work may be occasionally required. Flexibility in working from home office is possible. All expenses will be paid by GSE.
Applicants should have at least a bachelor’s degree in a scientific or related field. Some experience in conducting environmental inspections and a basic understanding of building construction is desired, but not required. We are looking for a bright hard working grad who can take direction and who has a strong interest in getting started in this varied and growing field.
Candidates must have the physical ability to complete essential job tasks and to work independently and as part of a team, have strong verbal and written communication skills, good organization skills and must be dependable, disciplined, flexible and detail oriented. GSE offers a competitive compensation and a benefit package (upon full time employment). To learn more about our company see www.GSEConsultants.com
Send resume to: GSE Fax: 201-652-0612 E-mail: Apply@GSEConsultants.com