New Jersey Association of County and City Health Officials
PROTECTING NJ PUBLIC HEALTH SINCE 1911
The New Jersey Association of County and City Health Officials (NJACCHO) is a private, nonprofit organization of municipal and county public health leaders and allied health professionals who work together to protect and improve the health of the people of New Jersey.
NJACCHO helps its members deliver the 10 Essential Public Health Services:
- Monitors health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnoses and investigates health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Informs, educates, and empowers people about health issues.
- Mobilizes community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develops policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforces laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Links people to needed personal health services and ensures the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Ensures a competent public health and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluates effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
NJACCHO would like to thank our Corporate Sponsors for their membership and support.
For more information about joining NJACCHO, please click here.